Today I am about to share with you my beef and winter vegetable stew recipe! This is one yummy and wholesome recipe that you can try. You can do it in a cooking range that has a stove top and an oven, even in a slide in induction range. Personally I do it in my Samsung range. Now for the recipe…
Ingredients you will need:
• Celery (chopped into thick slices) – 2 stalks
• Carrots (split in half lengthways and then chopped into large chunks) – 2 big ones
• Onion (chopped) – 1
• Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
• Butter – 1 tbsp
• Bay leaves – 5
• Thyme (fresh) – 3 sprigs
• Plain flour – 2 tbsp
• Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsp
• Tomato puree – 2 tbsp
• Beef stock – 2 cubes
• Stewing beef (brisket or featherblade) – 850 grams (get your butcher to cut it into large chunks)
Also you may like to read the burberry touch for men review
And now to make this stew:
1. First place a large casserole or Dutch oven over the stove top with the vegetable oil in it – in my case on the induction cook top of my Samsung induction range, but it needn’t be induction, necessarily.
2. Set the oven to preheat to 160 degrees Celsius.
3. Also put your kettle on to boil – you will need about 600 ml of hot water for the stew.
4. Into the hot oil add the bay leaves, 1 thyme sprig, onion, celery and carrots.
5. Let the veggies soften for 10 minutes.
6. At this stage add the plain flour and fry till the flour smells roasted.
7. Next add the tomato puree. Stir and add the Worcestershire as well as the crumbled beef stock cubes.
8. Now follow up with the hot water from the recently boiled kettle.
9. Next add the beef cubes and let the mixture come to a boil.
10. Once it does boil, turn down to a gentle simmer and put on the lid.
11. Place in the oven and let it cook slowly for 2 and half hours.
12. Take the lid off and cook for another half to one hour. Check to see that the meat is tender.
Tips for you:
Choose Cookware Wisely
Cookware that is used on a induction stove should be made of magnetic-based material. Cookware that is not magnetic will not work on an induction stove. For instance, glass, copper and aluminum cookware will not work on an induction stove. When you get an induction stove test your current cookware to see if it magnetically grips to the cooktop.
Watch the Clock
The primary thing that people have to get used to when cooking on an induction stove is the cook time. Induction stoves can cut your cooking time in half in many instances. The first few times you use your induction stove it is best to keep an eye on what you are cooking so you can establish a better idea of your new cook times.
Once that is done, your beef and vegetable stew is ready to enjoy!